Library System DirectorBridges Management LLC
The Harrison County Library System Administrative Board of Trustees seeks a creative and innovative Library Director who can grow a large, vibrant public library system. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic, forward thinking, and possess strong leadership skills along with demonstrated social and business acumen.
- Reports to five-member Administrative Library Board of Trustees
- Directs Library System operations -Develops plans to effectively meet current and future community needs
- Oversees a staff of 70 full and part-time employees
- Develops, presents, and administers annual budget
- Seeks and administers outside funding
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with communities including elected officials, other agencies, and civic/community groups
- Oversees Library System facilities and collections, physical and electronic.
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a public library director.
- Strong interpersonal relations skills.
- Days, nights, and weekend hours.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with increasing administrative responsibilities in a public library system with multiple outlets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of library philosophies, practices, procedures, and technologies
- Knowledge of Library budgetary and fiscal practices and library law
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with various personality types
- Ability to think analytically and to exercise initiative
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, delegate duties, and attend to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously -Skilled in public speaking and professional writing
- Ability to effectively encourage, support, and work in a team environment.
Salary: Range - $80,000 to $95,000.
Benefits: Personal/medical leave, health & life & dental insurance, and participation in Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System. Job-related travel expenses reimbursed.
Deadline for receipt of applications: December 18, 2017.
Harrison County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.