Veterinary Assistant, Technician
Now hiring: Veterinary Assistant or Technician. Full time position open immediately. Experience preferred. Cedar Lake Pet Hospital, Biloxi, MS.
Assist doctor and other hospital staff by care and cleaning of patients and facilities including
completing patient treatments, assisting in surgery and all other animal care functions as well as
other tasks involved in the operations of a veterinary hospital.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience or training/education working in a veterinary facility preferred.
• Must be friendly, outgoing, “people oriented.”
• Excellent communications skills.
• Must be capable of being cross-trained for front office receptionist duties that will be
expected in the job.
• Telephone and computer skills are necessary.
• Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments and to accept
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Dependable attendance is required.
• Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a
minimum 8-hour day.
• Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give information in person and over
• Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing hospital equipment such as electric clippers,
syringes, radiology equipment, laboratory equipment, computers, etc.
Send resume today!