Registered Nurses / Licensed NursesDriftwood Nursing Center
Gulfport, MS Full-time
Posted on July 26, 2018
- Assess the overall status of the residents and document in the medical record.
- Monitor the residents activity and provide nursing care in accordance with physician orders, care plans, local, state and federal regulations as well established facility protocol.
- Coordinate, prepare for and assist with new admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Communicate with residents, family members, other disciplines and health care professionals regarding the status of the resident.
- Lead and monitor licensed personnel and other professional and non-professional in the delivery of resident care.
- Schedule job assignments and duties.
- Supervise, evaluate and discipline the overall performance of the nursing staff.
- Assist with the presentation of in-service for facility staff.
- Monitor the environment and care practices of the personnel in order to ensure compliance with established fire, disaster, safety, Infection Control and Blood borne Pathogen programs.
- Assist with developing and implementing written care plans for individual residents.
- Delegate duties to nursing personnel.
- Perform medication pass, wound care treatments, and hands on nursing care.
- Report occupational exposure in accordance with established facility protocol.
- Make daily rounds in order to make sure that nursing staff are performing their assigned duties in accordance with facility established protocol.
- Be knowledgeable about and promote resident rights.
- Prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation in the elderly.
- Promote a safe, clean environment in which the residents may live.
- Check the daily report in order to be aware of changes in the residents condition and/or plan of treatment.
- Assist with MDS+ and Total Care Plan meetings as indicated
- Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Nursing.
- Assist on the floor as needed.
- Become a participating facility team member with the residents as first priority.