Assistant Director, Research Programs/Services, College of Nursing
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Director, Research Programs/Services, College of Nursing - Boca Raton, FL.
Through close collaboration with the Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship, this position coordinates faculty scholarship activities as well as archiving activities, including participation in developing policies and procedures appropriate to the position. The responsibilities include research and archival activities as noted below:
Research activities include:
- Supporting faculty in preparing applications for grants, including assisting with deadlines, formatting/editing, technology requirements, coordination with the institutional review board to obtain approvals.
- Developing and maintaining boilerplate materials for research, research training and research program proposals.
- Assisting students with institutional review board approvals.
- Supporting faculty and students with creating poster presentations.
- Coordinating monthly research brown bag presentations.
- Supporting Research Advisory Council.
- Providing writing support for CON magazine.
- Assisting with processing grant-related travel and payroll.
- Editing manuscripts and grants.
- Coordinating administrative functions of the Office of Research and Scholarship to ensure smooth and efficient flow of work.
- Representing the Office of Research and Scholarship in meetings with College of Nursing and University personnel.
- Organizing and maintaining records and reports related to research and scholarly activities.
- Updating website content.
- Providing administrative support for the Associate Dean for Nursing Research and Scholarship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Archival activities include:
- Maintaining the Caring Archives as a functional unit of the College of Nursing for research use and exhibits.
- Implementing procedures for accessioning Caring Archives materials and College of Nursing historical records, using accepted procedures of professional archiving organizations.
- Collaborating with the Dean and the Nursing Faculty advisory committee(s) to provide guidance as to objectives, policy, scope and budget.
- Coordinating and overseeing the work of any undergraduate or graduate students who may assist in developing exhibits, brochures, or other products relating to the Caring Archive and Museum.
- Inventory, sorting objects/items, or lifting objects/items or storage boxes as needed with faculty, staff, others in the University and community, assuring effective use of resources and acquisitions of archival materials.
- Facilitating visits with individual researchers, responding to general requests.
- Managing maintenance, repair, display issues.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of relevant work experience required.
Higher education experience preferred.
Experience using grant search engines such as GrantForward, Pivot,Grants.gov, NIH, and others preferred.
Experience using Workday and Novelution preferred.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to stay on task in a fast-paced environment required.
Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines required.
Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ12887).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.