#526717 - Coordinator of Administrative Services
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Coordinator of Administrative Services to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates the administrative functions for assigned clinical departments and their Chairs, including the planning and scheduling of departmental reports, travel, meetings, conferences, and events. Provides administrative support to department Chairs.
- Interacts with and serves as a communications hub for the clinical departments throughout the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM), Florida International University (FIU) and the community.
- Creates appointment letters and manages the list of affiliate Deans and Vice Chairs for the clinical departments. Also manages the list and provides support to Performance Evaluation Committee (PEC).
- Coordinates and schedules departmental meetings with administration and affiliated hospitals or clinics. Responsible for providing all logistical support for meetings, including the coordination of student meetings with all clinical chairs and assists in writing and submitting faculty and student letters.
- Responsible for the coordination, organization and maintenance of meetings and records for the Performance Evaluation Committee. Ensures completion and follow up of pending departmental actions and facilitates workflow
- Coordinates the scheduling and preparation of the Medical Student Evaluation and Promotion Committee (MSEPC, Appeals Committee, and Student Update meetings. Confirms that quorum is met prior to meetings taking place and seeks alternate members when needed.
- Prepares all documentation in advance of Medical Student Evaluation and Promotion Committee (MSEPC) and Appeals Committee meetings and facilitates the student documentation review process. Revises and edits MSEPC and appeal recommendations after meetings are held and ensures due process is met according to the HWCOM Medical Student Handbook as needed.
- Leads the coordination of all administrative processes for the Chairs in the Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure (APT) faculty nomination and promotion process. Including the review and preparation of all required documents. Ensures compliance with FIU and HWCOM policies and participates in the review meeting. Regularly contacts faculty for renewal documents. Understands HIPPA Rules and Regulations
- Responsible for ensuring faculty and Chair evaluations are completed. Assists in planning for the successive calendar year. Organizes and uploads documents in PantherSoft and Panther 180 for faculty in consideration of promotions and for evaluations.
- Provides recommendations for office procedures, initiates, and implements changes as needed.
- Composes and prepares a wide variety of materials needed for meetings, appointments, conferences, correspondence, etc. Informs the Chairs on matters to be considered, reviewed or approved.
- Participates in the preparation of Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation materials, including scholarly activity for most clinical departments. Prepares annual departmental reports for the leadership team.
- Creates and updates content for webpages, including maintaining the list of faculty advisors for students and updating faculty profiles. Serves as liaison for the webpages of most clinical departments.
- Drives to and from campus and clinical affiliated sites as needed to meet with department chairs.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526717. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.