Account Manager - 529338
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Account Manager – 529338
Responsible for day to day operations of the Office of Business Services (OBS) Marketing Department including website, social media, graphic content, e-mails and onsite tabling and activation. Tracks analytics with respect to all web based marketing tools. Presents OBS information to student, faculty and staff groups. Responsible for scheduling marketing staff and ensuring the productivity of the hourly team.
- Develops specific marketing campaigns in coordination with OBS directors to drive revenue and awareness growth. Holds meetings with OBS directors to identify areas of opportunity. Works closely with Senior Account Manager to develop communication strategies that will be effective and resonate.
- Manages Shop.FIU website, content and real time accuracy of information to include hours of operation; menu of services; promotions, specials and calendar of events; and links to external websites.
- Manages Social Media accounts. Reviews images prior to submission. Drives engagement, campaigns and topics. Records metrics and communicate to upper level management.
- Coordinates, schedules and organizes tactical marketing for each promotion/event. Included in this is graphic images on monitors, activation, signage, awards/prizes, and records metrics and details and communicate to upper level management.
- Manages E-Mail communication and dissemination. Works closely with Senior Account Manager on content. Identifies community groups to send relevant e-mail communication. Tracks open and click through rates and communicate to upper level management.
- Manages display monitors and graphic software behind content. Refreshes and keeps current as necessary and applicable.
- Oversees orientation program. Develops content in coordination with Sr. Account Manager.
- Manages graphic content used by OBS. Oversees its development and brand logos. Acts as final editor on graphic content.
- Sources external vendors for goods and services.
- Presents to student, faculty and staff groups as needed to inform, train and promote OBS services.
- Ensures the productivity of team and that the team meets deadlines.
- Works in collaboration with the division of External Relations on all collateral material and advertising.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media/Public Relations, Communications or appropriate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Web and graphic design experience.
- Highly skilled in graphic design software including, but not limited to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with branding and brand management. Ensures brand consistency across all communications and channels.
- Proficient with graphic/design applications such as, but not limited to, Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat PDF, Illustrator, InDesign, content management systems and cascading style sheets.
- Must have an innovative and creative design style.
- Understand spec requirements of each job before set-up and final release.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
- Begin time: 8:30AM
- End time: 5:00PM
- Criminal Background Check
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 529338
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.