Simulation Technician (Part-Time) (529452)
Simulation Technician (Part-Time)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Simulation Technician (Part-Time) to join our team of professionals.
- Provides support to the Director in the daily operations of Simulation Lab, including technical support to participants, maintaining attendance records and other clerical duties.
- Maintains simulators and simulation equipment, including technical support. Performs operational checks, calibration, troubleshooting and/or coordination of repair, cleaning and maintenance.
- Monitors Simulation Lab supplies, reviews inventory levels and orders supplies.
- Performs Pre-Simulation Activities, including assisting in preparation of scenarios, set-up of props, documentation preparation, control room set-up, as directed by Coordinator.
- Assists in the execution of the Simulation experience by participating in pre-brief of participants, operation of simulators. Assists faculty in guiding participants, providing theatrical support (role-playing).
- Performs Post-Simulation Activities, including audiovisual technological support for de-briefing, restoration of Simulation Lab to pre-scenario condition, salvaging of re-usable equipment, managing participant video recordings.
- Maintains Simulation Lab documentation and resources, including updating faculty and staff on schedules, producing orientation materials, managing digital media, logs or other documentation records, maintains departmental website.
- Assists in promoting marketing and growth of the Simulation Lab by conducting tours as needed, exploring opportunities for funding and donations, documenting history of simulation activities, assisting in production of promotional materials.
- Drives from the hospital to the campus as needed during their work schedule.
- Works with minors and/or vulnerable persons within their role at the clinical site.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related.
High school diploma and two (2) years of appropriate experience.
Knowledge of simulation software programs
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Effective Communication Skills (written, technical, telephone, verbal, email)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 529452.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.