The Development Writer is a member of the Development team serving as a lead storyteller, drafting and creating written content to allow external stakeholders to fully understand and appreciate Gaylord’s mission. The Writer is responsible for articulating the goals and vision of Hospital initiatives, creating persuasive cases for philanthropic support, and developing and implementing effective strategies for communication with key audiences, donors, and friends, across various print and digital platforms. He/she will understand Gaylord Hospital’s fundraising goals and will be able to eloquently express how these goals advance the mission of the organization and the positive impact of philanthropy.
The Development Writer reports to the AVP of Development and is an integral part of the fundraising efforts at Gaylord.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of persuasive writing experience, such as grant writing, cases for support, annual reports, business pitches, or marketing narratives.
- Experienced in producing medical content that is factual, compelling, and persuasive.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills with the ability to understand and appeal to multiple, varied audiences.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work against a deadline while managing a variety of projects concurrently.
- Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse to work collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other stakeholders.
- Experience in writing proposals and developing collateral for an academic medical center is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with multichannel communications.
- Highly collaborative, innovative, detail-oriented, strategic, creative, and intellectually curious thinker who has a demonstrated track record of inspiring a culture of giving through communication in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising in higher education or a medical center including direct mail, telephone solicitations, online giving, and donor relations.
A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and other incentives offered!
For more information and to apply on-line, please visit our website at
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V