Marketing Coordinator, College of Visual and Performing Arts
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) seeks qualified applicants for a Marketing Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Marketing Coordinator manages the College’s social media presence and provides marketing support for the events produced by the academic units of CVPA. This position collaborates with the academic units of CVPA to support event marketing, and work with the marketing team to increase awareness of CVPA events, ticket sales and attendance for student and faculty events. This position increases awareness and visibility of the College’s programs, faculty, alumni, and students through the College’s social media channels.
- Work with marketing contacts across CVPA units and the CVPA marketing team to promote performances, exhibitions, and events in order to increase attendance and ticket sales;
- Work with other staff to secure the necessary information and materials for inclusion in CVPA- produced marketing initiatives from the academic units. Ensure this information is included in CVPA-produced marketing initiatives such as online and printed calendars, ads, and website updates;
- Serve as primary contact for CVPA Marketing team for all signature events produced by the academic units. Work with contacts in the appropriate units to create marketing plans and timelines, liaise with creative team to create materials as needed, and coordinate and/or execute advertising for these events;
- Coordinate with other marketing team members for content needs as appropriate;
- Assist web specialist with web maintenance by regularly auditing the CVPA website, and assisting with content development and writing;
- Manage and maintain CVPA’s social media presence across multiple channels;
- Measure analytics from each social channel, analyzing audience information and modifying strategy as needed, as well as communicating that strategy to the academic units. Maintain knowledge of platform updates, trends, and best practices. Work with supervisor and other staff to measure and evaluate efforts, and modify as necessary;
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to recommend, create, and implement marketing strategies to increase awareness of and participation in the Free Student Ticket program at Mason’s performing arts centers, galleries, and film venues; participate in on-campus efforts to create awareness around the Free Student Ticket program; and
- Work with staff and faculty to recommend, create, and implement marketing strategies to increase visibility of the arts (and CVPA) on Mason’s campuses including Fairfax, SciTech, and Mason Square.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in related experience;
- Familiarity with basic office software and procedures;
- Demonstrated success in content development for marketing purposes;
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and writing skills;
- Experience creating and posting content on social media channels for a brand; and
- Familiarity with and knowledge of best practices for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience in marketing or communications (1-3 years preferred) or equivalent in education, arts, or related experience;
- Demonstrated success in implementing marketing strategies;
- Demonstrated success managing social media channels for a brand;
- Experience using a website CMS (ex. Wordpress or Drupal);
- Familiarity with and knowledge of best practices for TikTok and YouTube;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other software for photo editing and social asset creation; and
- Experience with email marketing software (ex. EMMA or Constant Contact).
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09322z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, work sample demonstrating social media marketing skills, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.