Pipe LayersMiller Enterprises LLC.
Ocean Springs, MS Full-time
Posted on December 3, 2018
Experienced Pipe layer with gravity sewer work
and must have experience with pipe lasers for grade work.
1 year experience a minimum
$13-$18 per hour depending on experience
responsibilities may include and are not limited to;
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Tell tractor driver where to move pipe in preparation for welding.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilize magnetic or radio indicators.