Office Title: SENIOR AUDITOR
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Department: Audit & Accounting
Number of Positions: 2
Position Status: Full-Time
Job ID #: 534073
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The Audit & Accounting department seeks a Senior Auditor. The Unit’s core function is to perform detailed, timely audits of campaigns’ financial disclosure statements and supporting documentation in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). We offer a dynamic work environment, training, and excellent benefits.
- Manage a team of auditors; supervise, train, and evaluate auditors in performing audit work in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Perform complex compliance, investigative, and financial audits of political campaigns. Overtime will be required to complete work as needed.
- Coordinate team assignments for auditors.
- Review the work performed by auditors; approve work papers, audit findings and audit reports.
- Communicate with management and other CFB units on various audit and compliance issues.
- Participate in planning activities of the audit team during the post-election period and coordinating the team’s activities with other CFB units.
- Assist other CFB units in compliance, investigation and enforcement actions.
- Prepare and present trainings for staff.
- Assist in hiring of Audit staff.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and at least three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, forensic accounting, budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of managing a team and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
➢ Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: SENIOR AUDITOR (2 POSITIONS) ➢ Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/about/career-opportunities/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.