Sub-Chapter II Medical Board Physician
New York City Fire Pension Fund is seeking physicians for its Sub-Chapter II Medical Board; specifically with specialties in ENT and Pulmonary Medicine. The incumbent may work under limited supervision, perform professional work at the full-performance level examining and evaluating medical evidence to determine eligibility for disability benefits under The New York City Administrative Code. Assignments may include but are not limited interviewing and examining members of this fund who apply for Disability Retirement, preparing medical reports which summarize findings and recommendations. Incumbents may review the work of other examiners. The incumbent may be required to meet 1-2 days per week. Reimbursement is at the rate of $225 per hour.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Specialties in Pulmonology and ENT
- Knowledge of federal/NY State/ NYC laws and regulations pertaining to government policies, regulatory codes, legislation, directives, court precedents or other guidelines.
- Knowledge of occupational medicine.
- Knowledge of and ability to summarize, analyze, synthesize, and interpret complex medical data.
- Skill in preparing written communications and quasi-legal documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate relevant facts and findings related to claims adjudication.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
Must be a Board Certified MD and licensed in New York.
* Must be a Board Certified Pulmonologist and/or ENT.
- Three years of experience as a Disability Evaluation Specialist or related experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to the address below. Or email it to Aurora.Gabrielperez@nycfirepension.org
NYC Fire Pension Fund
One Battery Park Plaza, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Attn: Human Resources
Board of Trustees (Recruitment)