Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
Job Summary: The HR Specialist is primarily responsible for administrative functions within the Human Resources Office requiring general knowledge in the field of Human Resources. Specifically, this position will require the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple work assignments and meet deadlines. Several of the chief tasks include assisting office guests, maintaining office files, scheduling appointments, performing a variety of clerical tasks, and assisting with HR-related projects as required.
- Welcome guests and notify appropriate parties of their arrivals.
- Ensure all calls are answered promptly and routed properly, representing the university with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Works within HRIS System(s) to look up and troubleshoot information as needed.
- Sort mail on a daily basis and ensure proper distribution. Also ensure all mail goes out daily.
- Maintain all shared areas (front desk, reception area, refreshments), keeping them clean and organized.
- Schedule appointments for all office staff members.
- Assist in planning HR events.
- Assist with projects for the Human Resources team (related to recruitment, benefits, safety, and compensation) as needed.
- Track and provide annual exit interview reports to HR Director.
- Reconcile office credit card statements for HR staff.
- Perform administrative office duties including filing, photocopying documents, labeling, word processing and data input.
- Assist with student employment by answering routine questions, obtaining employment and payroll paperwork, and communicating regarding timesheets and paychecks.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Provide assistance to applicants by troubleshooting application issues and providing status updates.
- Maintain the inventory of HR storage room items and files.
- Track and maintain all mandatory campus training records.
- Establish and sustain cooperative working relationships and build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Collect and review new hire paperwork to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Work within all HR online portals to assist internal and external customers inquiries.
- Create check requests for invoices as they are received by vendors, merchants, and carriers.
- Ensure front office coverage at all times by reviewing and managing all calendars.
Collaborate with other departments and support staff to complete tasks and staying informed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Troubleshoot issues in a calm and professional manor.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Familiarity with the online environment and ability to learn specialized programs as needed.
- Must embrace technology and utilize in an efficient and productive fashion.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two to four years of combined experience in customer service and/or administrative assistance.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Associate’s degree
- Four plus years of similar work experience
- Previous work in the Human Resources field
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/10719
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer.