Financial Assistant 1
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Dean's Office seeks applicants for a full-time position as a Financial Assistant 1 for the CLAS Shared Services Business Center. Under the direction of the CLAS Assistant Finance Director, the incumbents will maintain complete sets of records of financial transactions for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides financial, administrative, and program support for assigned area(s).
- Analyzes and verifies details of transactions such as invoices, reconciliations, and other disbursements in conjunction with University and College policies and procedures.
- Provides statistical information on various expenditures and compiles regular reports utilizing electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Monitors, tracks, logs commitments, and maintains accurate financial records.
- Provides data for budget preparation and monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget limits and staffing.
- Submits, reviews, and approves financial and payroll transactions.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of financial questions and issues.
- Performs related work as required.
- Associate's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and two to three years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and up to one year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills including experience in MS Office Suite.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to follow established procedures and compile new ones.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497317 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 20, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.