Grants & Contracts Associate (Award Set Up) - Multiple Vacancies
The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) is competitively recruiting talented grants and contracts/sponsored project professionals to join our growing research administration team. Sponsored Program Services (SPS) is responsible for administering a portfolio of $375M in annually awarded funding across all UConn campuses and UConn Health. We are a top-ranked public research university and land grant institution, rurally situated in the “Quiet Corner” of Northeast Connecticut.
The Grants and Contracts Associate will provide timely and accurate award set activities as a member of the Pre-Award Services team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all executed awards for appropriate terms, including awarded amount, facilities and administrative cost rate, and any compliance related requirements (IRB and IACUC protocols).
- Communicate with departmental contacts, Principal Investigators, or internal Sponsored Program staff to obtain any information needed to achieve a successful and timely set-up.
- Serves as the primary contact for all award set-up activities including data entry in InfoEd, Kuali Financial System, and Effort Commitment System.
- Communicate with departmental staff and Principal Investigators to inform them of the award set-up process and assist in the coordination of any changes.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of experience providing customer service, processing, and administrative support in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Financial experience, or experience working with budgets.
- Experience with research administration systems, such as Infoed.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497814 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 5, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
All members of the University of Connecticut are expected to exhibit appreciation of, and contribute to, an inclusive, respectful, and diverse environment for the University community.
The University of Connecticut aspires to create a community built on collaboration and belonging and has actively sought to create an inclusive culture within the workforce. The success of the University is dependent on the willingness of our diverse employee and student populations to share their rich perspectives and backgrounds in a respectful manner. This makes it essential for each member of our community to feel secure and welcomed and to thoroughly understand and believe that their ideas are respected by all. We strongly respect each individual employee’s unique experiences and perspectives and encourage all members of the community to do the same. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The University of Connecticut is an AA/EEO Employer.