Assistant Director for Strategic Alumni Engagement UVA Health Development Office
The Assistant Director for Strategic Alumni Engagement will serve as a key member of UVA Health Development’s Donor Relations & Strategic Engagement (DRSE) team, designing and implementing strategic engagement activities for School of Nursing (SON) alumni and managing the activities of the SON’s volunteer alumni board.
The Assistant Director will also play an integral role in the DRSE team’s stewardship activities for School of Nursing (SON) donors, serving as the team’s primary liaison to the School’s faculty, staff and students. The Assistant Director’s responsibilities will be focused on supporting SON’s development program objectives through strategic engagement of key stakeholders. The Assistant Director will collaborate closely with the Executive Director of Development, School of Nursing and the School of Nursing Alumni & Development Office team to ensure alignment of goals and strategy.
The Assistant Director for Strategic Alumni Engagement reports to the Senior Associate Director for Strategic Engagement.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and multi-faceted alumni relations and engagement strategy, with the ultimate goal of growing philanthropic support for SON and UVA Health.
- Identify new, creative, and strategic opportunities to engage nursing alumni with SON leadership and faculty, with a focus on priority areas with opportunities for private support.
- Serve as lead on the design, planning, and execution of signature SON engagement events.
- Manage and steer SON Alumni Council and Alumni Association activities. Plan and staff meetings, assist with events, and compile content for publications.
- Serve as SON subject matter expert on the DRSE team, collaborating with team members to facilitate communication with SON faculty and staff for key stewardship deliverables.
- Collaborate on custom impact reporting, annual scholarship audits, and annual endowment reporting for SON major donors. Serve as point of contact for SON Financial Aid Office on matters related to endowed scholarship awards.
- Bachelor’s degree and one or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate, and work effectively with diverse constituents.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and present information and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to advocate for best practices and departmental policies in conversations with faculty members, alumni, and volunteers.
Evening and weekend hours are occasionally required for this position.
University Advancement offers a flexible and hybrid workplace. This position will be required to be in Charlottesville periodically for events and may be required to work intermittently in a shared office space in Charlottesville, VA.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com
How to apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0040868. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0040868. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
The University of Virginia, including UVA Health, is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least one year of experience
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.