Associate Director, The Virginia Fund
The University of Virginia seeks an Associate Director to fundraise for The Virginia Fund. Contributions to The Virginia Fund provide the president flexible funding for University priorities and emerging opportunities in any area of UVA. As part of University Advancement’s Office of Engagement, the Associate Director will engage alumni, friends, and families, and encourage their financial participation in The Virginia Fund.
Typical work includes soliciting gifts from assigned prospects such as alumni (including reunion classes and other alumni groups,) friends, and families. The Associate Director is expected to meet defined visit and solicitation goals and to attend fundraising events. The successful candidate assists with direct marketing strategy, event planning and execution, stewardship, student education, and will be required to travel. Goals are set and work is conducted in partnership with the supervising Senior Director, University Annual Giving, with increasing levels of independence as experience is gained.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated development officer interested in growing The Virginia Fund donations and donors to meet the 21st-century goals of the University of Virginia.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to The Virginia Fund.
- Travel, as assigned, to make select in-person visits to The Virginia Fund donors and prospects at annual giving leadership levels.
- Collaborate with University Advancement development officers to reach donors to and prospects of The Virginia Fund, and develop relationships across Grounds with relationship managers whose donors also give to The Virginia Fund
- Identify prospects (ex. students, recent graduates, engaged non-donors) and manage the prospect list to increase leadership giving and build a major gift pipeline
- Create and execute an engagement strategy to raise awareness for The Virginia Fund
- Create and execute a stewardship strategy to express gratitude and build donor loyalty to The Virginia Fund
- Assist with the development of the strategy and messaging for The Virginia Fund direct marketing.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of fundraising, alumni relations, student affairs, or relevant experience
- Demonstrated managerial skills and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse constituents (colleagues, donors, prospects)
- Knowledge of digital communication techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and grow a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
- Bachelor's degree and three years of fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage donor relationships.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated success in building new ways of engagement and stewardship
- Knowledge of the principles of philanthropy, higher education, and relationship management
- Working knowledge of database management, engagement software (ex. Advance, EverTrue, ThankView)
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, University Advancement honors your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain working environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming so we can best achieve our mission of supporting our broadly diverse partners, schools, and networks of engaged alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
UVA Advancement offers a flexible and hybrid workplace. All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using a variety of technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, some positions may be required to work intermittently in a shared office space located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: $57,000 - $67,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Associate Director, The Virginia Fund.” Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including UVA Health system, which represents UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group, and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy,) sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.