Client Success StrategistMcClatchy
The Client Success Strategist (CSS) serves as the primary department administrative representative for the advertising department including Account Executive and Sales Managers and is a key filter in the flow of information between the account executives, external clients and management. This position assists in coordinating all ads to go live across all various platforms, including ad copy and billing.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provide assistance to the day-to-day management of client accounts assigned under the guidance of account executives/management.
- Handle paperwork and maintain digital files on account activities including: creative approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Act as liaison between account executives, sales managers, partners and client accounts. Become a sales process and subject matter expert (strategy, processes, solutions and data). Gather and assemble information and analyses as needed by account executives and sales managers.
- Provide administrative assistance on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to client phone calls, setting up meetings, faxes and emails, production and creative deadlines, billing reconciliation, to ensure continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned account executive.
- Be an active participant in every stage of the sales cycle.
- Provide input in the research/planning stage as requested by account executives or production manager.
- Assist on sales calls as needed/appropriate.
- Monitor campaign metrics and report on them as needed to both the AE and the client.
- Track and ensure that all digital campaigns proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of account executives and sales managers to potential problems before they occur.
- Responsible for proofreading landing pages, digital banners, and any other digital creative assets; Sees that all work adhere to the standard McClatchy Ad Specs before being reviewed by clients or turned over to Client Success.
- Report to work on a regular basis as required and/or directed.
- Assist the digital and advertising team in other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interest in account service and digital/web marketing.
- Ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently. Must be able to reprioritize workflow as the day proceeds, for more demanding requests from sales managers and account executives
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good command of written and spoken English with accurate use of punctuation and grammar.
- Previous experience in a traditional or digital media is preferred but not required.
- Eagerness to learn and stay current with changing industry trends.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to asset digital campaigns, create work-arounds and provide solutions.
- Able to communicate in client-facing instances and either have or start to develop basic sales skills.
- Maintain a “client first” approach, for both internal and external clients.
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required.
- Some college with specialization in business or equivalent experience.
- College degree in advertising field preferred.
- Work in an administrative capacity
- Advertising sales or agency experience preferred
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.